Thursday, August 2, 2007

Introducing the new love of my life.....

I am feeling a little melancholy today. There are so many reasons why I miss living at home. Home to me will always be England. I left to go travelling after university and am so glad I did. Not everyone gets to experience the world before settling down. But I think I always thought in the back of my mind that someday I would wind up back there.....with the people that mean so much to me.

Through the path my life took though here I am living in Florida. Just for now - I used to think. But with more certainty America, for the distant future. Not my choice but certainly a more manageable one than a year ago. So why am I sat here staring at my computer not working and dreaming about "home"....

Archie Beaumont.

He is the most adorable baby, that should I still be living in the UK I would undoubtedly be spending much of my spare time cooing over. One of my oldest and dearest friends Mandy gave birth to her and Noels first baby. It was their wedding we went to last time we were home. I feel like I am missing out on being the best Aunty ever and wish I could just hold him and kiss his head, and whisper in his ear about all the mischief we will get into!

In the past when I have been home I felt a little out of place as everyone elses lives had evolved without me. And in return they too knew very little of my everyday goings on. Its a weird feeling to be a visitor where you were once so rooted. Thank goodness we live in the age of email, webcams and Skype. I will be setting up my skype account this weekend - and hope to watch Archie, and any other little ones that may appear, grow up.

See you in September Archie!

3 comments:

Karen Tews Lien said...

I feel this way about missing out on Lily's life. Thank you Belinda for keeping me involved in her life and always sending me photos and such. I miss and love you two very much.

Karen

Mandy said...

You made me cry honey. It was fantastic to see Archie's picture on your blog. We love you and lily so much, not too long til your home again. Can't wait until you set up Skype.
Lots of love
Mandy XX

Anonymous said...

Yes, Lily's 4 yr old Pirate party was the best ever. And of course Matski and I were the last to leave again!! It was wonderful to see how soooo happy and excited Lily was. Thank you for having us we had alot of fun. We love you guys. Terry and Matski xoxoxox