Monday, August 6, 2007

Ever thought of hiring a Rottie as a babysitter?

I am sure most of you haven't! But read on....

Our new puppy is a Rottie mix, Guinness, and is about 12 weeks old now. He is the most calm and placid puppy ever and we have been certainly enjoying the small influence he has placed over Marley!

During Lily's birthday party I was lucky enough to witness the most amazing thing. Our friends Steve and Suzi placed their daughter down on a towel on the grass for a nap. It was off to one side so that she didn't get trampled on by the pirates.

The next time we all turned around, there was Guinness. Of course my heart jumped into my throat - what if he trod on her with his big paws and scratched her.... but he just sat down next to her, put his paw onto her arm and looked out for her while she slept.

It really was the sweetest thing I had ever seen. What a guard dog he will be!!

3 comments:

Margaret & Arthur said...

I love that puppy, he is amazing.

Margaret & Arthur said...

I love that puppy, he is amazing.

Sue Tews said...

He is a keeper, you could probably rent him out.

xox