Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Missing Lily Kai

I have no reason to get out bed if I don't have Lily Kai..........

Actually its not what you think, and I am not at home sobbing into my pillow. But this morning something happened that I can't remember happening in a very long time.

I slept in and was 10 minutes late to work ;) I woke up and it was 8.30. I thought maybe it was one of those spring forward, fall back - days and the time must have changed. I have been up and about at 6.30am for 4 years now, and normally even when Lily is away my internal clock wakes me up - like a cruel joke.

Lily wakes up at the exact same time every morning with us, 6.30, regardless of how much sleep she got. She then announces very loudly that it is morning and it is time to get up. Any discussion that may follow is ignored and despite my protests, "it is morning - it is no longer dark!" is all I hear back.

But I had ten and a half hours sleep last night, got to sleep in and it feels GREAT! It may never happen again, but I will remember this morning forever!!

2 comments:

Sue Tews said...

Ok, funny girl, I am so happy you shared this info with us,you getting 10.5 hrs of sleep, that is. However, reality is returning on Saturday. Ms Lily is doing well, however, this going to sleep at midnight is getting really hard for me to function during the day. :) She is so off schedule, it's not even funny, but I am sure that will change once she returns to her normal schedule. So, last evening when we were supposed to be sleeping, we were playing the Match Game. Why do you ask? Well, she was not happy loosing one game, that was it, she lost one game and was not a happy camper for loosing. Believe me, she won everyone we played prior to this defeat, even her doll won one of the games. So, in order for her to be happy again, I said we will play one more game to see if her winning streak returned. It did, thank goodness. And we all slept happily ever after. I think I need a nap now. xox sue

Margaret & Arthur said...

You could always sleep for England! I know you will have felt great for a good night's sleep. Just remember that when your children reach their teenage years the problem is usually getting them up in the morning so only another 10 years to go.