Sunday, July 22, 2007

Formula One

For my friends that only talk children we are not talking about baby milk.....only the best sport on the face of the earth! My mum has been visiting from England and we just watched the European Grandprix and my love of racing has definitely been rekindled.

Especially as there is a new hotshot! Check out http://www.formula1.com/teams_and_drivers/drivers/828/
Lewis Hamilton is a new phenomenon, English guy with a Jamaican Dad!! This is his first year in F1 and he is leading the championship board!!

Apparently when he was 11 he told the Mclaren boss that one day he would be racing for him and here he is! His poor dad worked 2 jobs and re mortgaged his house twice to pay for him to make it through the junior circuits.....now I hope he has brought his dad the biggest house on the block!

Of course all the drivers now hate him......which just makes everyone cheer for him more. Anyone up for a trip to Silverstone in 2008?????

3 comments:

Jules said...

Babe- can't believe you've been missing out all this time- Lewis rocks! Silverstone a yes for me- you knew it would be! Love ya lots - ooh and new dog- gorgeous!

Karen Tews Lien said...

OMG! He is a hotty! What have I been missing out on?

Karen

Belinda and Lily Kai said...

I know Julie, my mum couldnt believe I wasn't in on him either. But I am going to make more of an effort to catch races, its hard though as you only ever here about Nascar here.